about life (and laundry)

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Trimming it Up

I have always thought that trim is an incredibly over-looked detail here in AZ. Most homes here have very little trim (usually nothing around the windows, and very rarely do you ever see crown molding.) I love old historic homes (like the Victorians that line Mt. Vernon St. up in Prescott) and the way that the little details are celebrated in the simplest way... making the biggest difference.
We knew that we would do something more dramatic than the standard 3" baseboard you see in most new construction. When we found this fabulous 5.5" stuff we flipped... it was simple (not to fancy, as our house is certainly not fancy) not too big (our ceilings are not soaring volume ceilings, so I didn't think that 10" baseboards that ran halfway up the wall would look too good!) and not too small (yep, I am just like Goldy Locks, I want it "just right" ;) And then we came across these corner blocks... OhMyGoodness... I am in love!!! They are the coolest, little, simple detail... and maybe no one will ever notice them... but I will... and I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment